1. HLB ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING FORMS OF PAYMENTS – a. Direct Deposit to our nominated bank account – b. 1.55% Surcharge on Visa / MasterCard | American Express 2.2% surcharge. Cheques are not accepted
2. PAYMENT TERMS – a. 50% Deposit payable upon booking to secure the date – b. Remaining balance payable – 21 days before the Client’s booking date. – d. A 10% late payment fee may apply if the remaining balance is not paid 21 days before the event’s date. – e. Any additional and/or last-minute items from Clients’ Bookings will need to be paid in full before the event or up to 7 days from the event’s date.
2.1 Ezi Debit, Interest-Free Payments: a. The total number of instalments will be set based on the customer’s event date, ensuring that the final payment is made 21 days prior to the event. Customers must confirm their final guest count to HLB at least 28 days before the event, allowing HLB to adjust the final instalment accordingly.- b. Should there be a need to increase the number of guests within 21 days of the event, HLB will issue a new invoice for the additional guests, which must be paid immediately. – c. The total invoice amount will be divided into a number of instalments/monthly payments as determined by HLB and agreed upon by the customer. The booking is confirmed once the first instalment is paid. – d. Payment Charges: The first instalment will include a surcharge of $2.5 for administrative fees. For bank direct debits, Visa, or Mastercard direct debits, there will be a $1 surcharge per instalment. – e. Dishonoured Payment Fee: In the event of a dishonoured payment, a fee of $10 will be added to the next instalment.
3. DEPOSIT AND BOOKING – Deposits and Booking – a. A deposit of 50% is payable at the time of the booking for any order over $500. Bookings of $500 or less must be paid at the time of the booking in full. – b. A Booking will not be considered ‘Confirmed’ until a deposit or payment has been received and subsequently may be subject to cancellation. – c. The menu is to be provided by the client to HLB, 28 days before the event’s date. d. Change to menu/beverage selection/location/hire equipment can be done at any stage up to 28 days before the Booking date. – e. Final numbers will need to be provided to HLB Catering 21 days before the Booking date. – f. It is the Clients responsibility to confirm the running sheet/quote has the correct date and contact information.
4. CANCELLATION POLICY – a. Customers are entitled to a full deposit refund if the cancellation occurs more than 60 days before the event date. – b. If the event is canceled between 21 to 60 days before the event date, following the booking date, 25% of the deposit will be retained. – c. Cancellations made within 21 days of the booking date will result in a forfeiture of the entire deposit, as provisions for the event will have already been ordered and prepared. – d. Changing the event date within 21 days of the booking date will result in the forfeiture of any payments made. – e. Date changes are permitted once, provided they are made at least 21 days before the event. Any subsequent date changes, regardless of timing, will result in a 100% forfeiture of the deposit. – f. Failure to provide your chosen menu to HLB at least 21 days prior to your event may lead to an additional charge of 10% or the cancellation of your event if HLB cannot accommodate the catering service. In such cases, the deposit will be forfeited. – g. Ezi Debit, Interest-Free Instalments: In the event of a cancellation where the customer is eligible for a refund as per the conditions outlined above, any Ezi Debit fees from past instalments will not be refunded.
5. STAFF HIRING – a. It is the client’s responsibility that the function will run according to the running sheet/times provided to HLB by the client. In case staff is needed to work more than the original hired time, a new invoice will be issued to the client with the extra staff-worked hours, and it is the client’s responsibility to pay it within 48 hours from the event’s date. – b. Staff numbers may be updated once the function’s running times are provided to HLB by the client, or if the client chooses to change the type of menu. – c. A minimum of 4 hours paid is required for any staff even if hiring for less time.
6. PRICES – While all attempts are made to maintain quoted prices, they may be subject to change at the discretion of HLB. If prices differ, the client will be informed before the event date. Prices quoted include GST unless otherwise specified. All prices are prepared based on the best estimation at the time of submission taking into account information supplied by the client. Should this be found to be inaccurate, HLB will quote an additional charge based on accurate information and evidence to settle the difference, and this must be agreed upon by both parties before catering commences.
7. FINAL NUMBERS – If your guest’s number drops by more than 10%, the price per person may be increased.
8. GRAZING TABLE – Minimum numbers, 40 paying guests – it’ll be charged for 40 people even if numbers go below 40. It excludes table setup, delivery fee and collection fee, and any other service cost/fee.
9. GRAZING TABLE/BUFFET – table, boards, ramekins, cutlery, crockery, chafing dish, etc are to be returned free of food. Wooden boards cannot go to the dishwasher, please just wipe off with a paper towel all the food or wash under cold water and dry it. A washing fee of $8 per board/platter/dishes and $3 per crockery/cutlery may be charged in case of returning any equipment dirty with leftover food.
10. BROKEN OR LOST EQUIPMENT – Any broken or lost equipment that belongs to HLB Catering, that occurs at/during your event, by you, or any of your guests will be charged at current and new replacement costs.
11. ALLERGIES – a. While we do our best to avoid cross-contamination, cereals, flour (gluten), dairy, nuts, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, lupin, corn, grains, crustacea, are present in our kitchen, therefore traces of these products may occur in case of dietary requirement, so we cannot guarantee food 100% free of any ingredient. b. Final dietary requirements must be provided no later than 21 days before the booking date. Requests for changes or additions within 21 days before a function will be considered at the sole discretion of HLB. We will do everything possible to facilitate your requests, but not all changes can be guaranteed and substitutions may be suggested where items are not available.
12. FOOD – HLB Catering is fully compliant with Victoria’s food health & safety laws. To avoid any potential health risks, HLB Catering will remove any food that is remaining after a Function, and no food will be left at the Venue.
13. RESPONSIBLE SERVICE OF ALCOHOL – HLB upholds the principle of Responsible Service of Alcohol and in accordance with the applicable liquor license, reserves the right to refuse service to persons suspected to be under the age of eighteen years and to any person who shows signs of intoxication. HLB reserves the right to remove the offending guest/s from the premises or to close the bar entirely.
14. CATERER PERMISSION TO USE PHOTOGRAPHS AND/OR VIDEOS FROM EVENTS:
Client hereby grants to HLB Catering, its employees, representatives and the like the absolute and irrevocable right to use and reproduce their photograph and/or video in all forms, media, and manners without restriction as to changes or alterations unless restricted by copyright law. Client waives the right to inspect or approve the photographs and/or video that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is made known to the Client or not, and waives the right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of said photographs and/or video. HLB Catering shall be authorised to use the photographs and/or video with or without Client’s first names taken by Caterer, its employees, representatives and the like as well as photographs provided by the Photographer (with credit) and video provided by the Videographer (with credit) in our marketing, promotional and public relations efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, our website, different social medias, submission to online blogs, submissions to print magazines, etc. for the purpose of advertising and marketing HLB Catering services.
15. QUOTE – All quotes from HLB are valid for 10 days from the sent date. Acceptance of the quotation automatically signifies acceptance of the terms and conditions set out here and indicates an agreement between HLB Catering and the client.
DELIVERY OF GRAZING BOXES T&Cs
Deliveries will not be left unattended, In case there’s no one to receive the grazing box, it will be taken back and no refund will be given (In this case customers are welcome to pick up the grazing box from our kitchen in Mentone within 24 hours, please ring 1300 58 13 23 to organise pick up).
If your box contains liquor, it will be delivered only to a person over 18 years old. Proof of ID is compulsory for deliveries of boxes with liquor. If ID cannot be provided, the parcel will be taken back to our kitchen. It can be picked up only on the next day by a person over 18 years old. Please ring 1300 58 13 23 to organise pick up.
Returns are not accepted as grazing boxes are delivered by our staff and checked and received by the customer or the responsible person nominated by the customer. Delivery docket must be named and signed by the customer/receiver
Besides we try to please every customer’s request, we cannot guarantee any delivery specific time.
Orders canceled up to 3 days before delivery day are eligible for a 100% refund or a credit for a future order
Method of refund – Same form of payment used to purchase or store credit, whatever suits the customer
Refund contact info – Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org, Please mention the name of the person who completed the order, telephone number, what has been ordered, when it has been ordered and please specify the reasons for cancellation/refund.
We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
“Personal information” is the information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address, identification number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
Use of your Personal Information
We may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services. We may also inform you of new and additional products, services, and opportunities available to you.
We will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to. This may include to:
If you withhold your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access our website.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information that we hold to our external advisors, to suppliers of IT services, and to third parties engaged by us to provide services to us. We do not disclose any personal information to any overseas companies – where this is required we will contact you to obtain your consent before disclosing this information.
We will not use or disclose personal information other than for the purpose for which it was collected or for a purpose reasonably related to it, except when required by law to do so.
We may disclose your personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings, or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
**All boxes must be refrigerated & eaten within 24 hours